Legal Library Automation Software Solution
Soutron’s Legal Library Automation solution is purposefully designed for managing information assets (physical or digital) in a law firm. A single database instance secures all data and transactions in an integrated, high performance solution designed for law libraries of all sizes.
- Fast accurate cataloguing of multi-volume sets, journals, articles, precedents, loose-leaf
- Flexible set up and control for single office or multiple locations, offices, practice areas, libraries
- Multi-Lingual to reflect needs across countries and continents
- Financial controls for budgeting with automated Fund Accounting and Cost Control (Multi-Currency)
- Self-Issue using bar codes or RFID simplifies loans transactions
- Lawyers can access content via customised mobile responsive Search Portal(s) and My Account
Connect Soutron to such services as Thomson Reuters Legal Search Connect (Solcara), EBSCO and even reference to document management systems like iManage. Remove the silos between systems and provide simple, fast access for your law firm today.
Law firms of any size can enjoy the following features:
- Brand & Customise Search Portals, Mobile & Tablet friendly
– Easy to customise via templates using HTML5!
- Supports Multiple Search Portals
– Direct users to particular offices / departments / practice areas / libraries
- Place “library search” on any webpage or intranet page to give immediate library presence
- Hierarchical presentation and layout of records simplifies navigation for lawyers
- Relate and cross reference materials to enhance discovery
- Efficient processing of single or bulk orders, receipting, barcoding, loan and distribution of material
- Automated fund account allocation to provide accuracy and speed of processing
- The same software can be used for multiple database applications:
– Track case archives
– Distribute PDFs and eBooks securely
– Update lawyers’ CPD with loan statistics
– Audio, video and image archives
- Create reading lists to support coursework and training
- Publish notable legal training events
- Justify library activity with usage and throughput statistic reports
The self checkout tool for our lawyers has worked wonders, no more manual checking and it is just so easy to keep track of our 800 books and journals.
Using Soutron for our library management has made a huge improvement to our department.
Presentation Introducing Soutron Legal Library Automation – No Audio
It was clear to us that the Soutron Library Management System was designed by a librarian, not an IT technician!
Soutron provide great support and response times are very quick. They really do go above and beyond when it comes to support.
- Unlimited Helpdesk service and support provided in a personalised manner
- Frequent and regular updates applied by Soutron, without the need for internal IT involvement
- Advice and consultancy on how to maximise use of the library system
- Attend Soutron User Group Meetings and share experience
Migration to Soutron is a proven, straightforward process where Soutron staff take the lead and the responsibility for data migration as well as the configuring of systems to meet all your needs.
Don’t take our word for it
Our clients are at the heart of everything that we do and the feedback they provide helps drives our roadmap for the future.
Field Law wanted to move to a cloud-based, integrated library system to manage the workflow of a multi-office, multi-librarian, regional law firm library. We wanted a system that would be easy for lawyers to use.
Lawyers and librarians can now do enhanced resource searches that help them quickly pinpoint the tools they need to begin client research projects.
Soutron LMS is so much easier to use and navigate. We find the process of cataloguing and serials management perfectly suited to our requirements and thanks to Graham’s knowledge and input, the end results have been simply brilliant.
Soutron LMS is a great solution for a law firm like Geldards.
We love how easy it is to upload catalogue records. It has been very simple for us to set-up our statutory documents and separate our journals.
The simplicity of Soutron has made life easier and more productive so the Library can spend more time serving lawyers and their clients.
Soutron Library Automation Software designed and built to future proof your service
The key to Soutron’s flexibility is our database. It is designed to be easy to manage, structure fields and record templates for digital and physical assets by a legal librarian with 30 years’ experience and with the input of law librarians in our clientele.
In 2017, we are introducing new performance and efficiency enhancing capabilities with new menus, new single form based functions with fewer clicks to complete tasks. This will future proof it by using the very latest web technologies that will enhance your library’s efficiency.
Soutron is available in two forms to achieve greater efficiencies: Soutron Library Automation System provides the full range of functions and flexibility. SoutronSOLO is more suited to solo librarians or those with simple needs.
Gain more insight into what is possible with Soutron solutions. Next steps
- Read about our Library Automation functionality
- Download our Fact Sheets and Case Studies
- Contact us and tell us more about your particular needs
- Request a demonstration to see Soutron solutions
- Provide us with your own data and see it in Soutron
- Request a quotation for a solution customised to your exact needs.
Soutron were selected, after a public procurement process, to provide the new library management solution at the Law Reform Commission as it was felt you demonstrated a key understanding of the special library sector and could respond to the developing needs of the sector – and us in particular! – in an agile and effective matter.